Over the next few weeks the Tryon ARC will enable the PL tone of 100Hz on the 2m repeater to improve the capabilities of the system.
We encourage everyone to program the 100Hz tone ahead of time to avoid any glitches or disruption of communications. Don’t wait until the tone is enable to update your radio. If you need assistance programming your radio please ask.
Please inform other hams in the area of the change.
Why are we doing this? For a few reasons:
- Eliminate or prevent false keying on distant signals or malicious interference.
- Capability of linking 70cm/2M repeaters.
- Add IRLP capabilities to the repeater.
- Integrate EchoLink and IRLP.
- Add the capability to join conference groups over the VoIP systems.
If you have any questions about this change, please ask over the repeater or feel free to leave a comment below.