Thank you Joe (KB2TJE) for shearing some of your vast knowledge on cables and terminations. Joe explained how RG-8X can be dangerous for your equipment specially when using high power.
Joe also showed and explained the different connector types, their impedance and how they came out to be. It was a great presentation.
Thank you Edgar (KC2UEZ) for showing us the go kit radio box. Here is the list of components:
- 3U bag: Gator GRB-3U
- 1U shelf: Raxxess UNS-1
- Radio: Yaesu FT-857D
- Tuner: LDG Z-100Plus
- PSU: MFJ-4125P
- Meter: LDG FT-Meter
- Speaker: Uniden ESP-20
- CAT/Audio Interface: Rigblaster PnP
- Antenna HF: EARC End Fed 6m – 40m (extra cable for 80m)
- Antenna VHF: Slim Jim antenna
- USB Soundcard: iMic Griffin
- Battery: UB12350 U1 12V Sealed Lead Acid SLA Battery