Don Gifford / WA2EZ will be demonstrating how to build an emergency antenna for 2M. If you plan to build the antenna the list of materials and tools required is here:
- – 58 inches of 300 ohm TV twin lead wire.
- – Any length of RG58 coax with one end having a PL259 and the other can be bare/cut. (cut end will be soldered to the antenna).
- – Zip Ties or String
- – Solder
- – Heat Shrink or Black Tape.
- – 2m SWR meter
- – Wire Strippers
- – Lighter
- – 2m radio
- – Knife
- – Soldering Iron or Gun.
- – Drill with small drill bits.
- – Desire to have lots of fun
To have an idea of the design, take a look at this PDF File.