ARES / RACES Officials
- Fulton Co. ARES Emergency Coordinator: Steve Kuck K2ALS
- Asst. Fulton Co. ARES E.C.: Howard Selwitz KD2ABK
- Fulton Co. RACES Radio Officer: Don Gifford Wa2eZ
- Deputy Fulton Co. RACES R.O.: Joe O’Neill KB2TJE
- ARES/RACES Net Manager: Joe O’Neill KB2TJE
Net Control Stations
If you are interested in being a NCS for our Tuesday ARES / RACES Net, please let Joe KB2TJE know of your interest and he will get you scheduled. If you want to practice, just download the script below, follow along with the current NCS and write down a list of check-ins. You will be surprised just how easy it really is and it won’t be long before you will be one of the regulars. We always need NCS’s and will welcome you with open arms.
Net control for August: Earl KR2L
Upcoming net controls:
- September: K2ALS Steve Kuck
- October: KD2ABK Howard Selwitz
- November: KC2VGD Matt Woods
- December: WA2EZ Don Gifford
RACES Net Forms:
We have an ARES / RACES Net Script that should be used by the Net Control Operator during the NET. The script will help us prepare in case we are called for an emergency net.
Net Script: Formal Script (Updated 1/25/2015).
ARES / RACES Application Form – Click here
ITU Phonetics for printing – ITU Phonetics
The Net Control Station and Assistant Net Control Station are encouraged to keep logs of the check-in by using the Weekly Check-In Form: Weekly Check-In Form.
NY State – RACES information
ARRL Atlantic Divison Training Webinars:
For free webinars, click here.
FEMA Study Material:
- Introduction to Incident Command System
- ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents
- National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction
- National Response Framework, An Introduction
Listen to a pre-recorded NY RACES NET (2/21/2010) by clicking here:
The Net runs every Sunday at 9am EST on 3.993.5 mHz LSB.
- NY State RACES Standard Operating Procedure (PDF)
- NY State RACES NET Form (PDF)
- Semiannual meeting of the New York State Disaster Preparedness Commission: