Anyone interested in operating a VHF 2m Radio at the different locations during this event or if you have any questions regarding this exercise please contact WA2EZ.
- Our best wishes go out to Bernie Kolacki “WB2FBP”. If you wish to visit him, he is in room 269 at the Sunnyview Rehabilitation Hospital, Schenectady.
- Members of the group that could not make the meeting today and would like to have the ID to access the ECR room please contact WA2RQC to find out more details.
- Next meeting will be at Otto’s QTH at 6:00 pm.
- Ideas needed for following talks.
- Hi to the Tweeters from 73’s and OKHams, thanks for following us.
- Andrew “KC2EUS” gave an interesting talk about APRS. A Q&A session followed the talk. Look at some pictures on the media page.
The Rochester Amateur Radio Association, Inc. will be hosting the all new rochester hamfest “75th Anniversary Edition” on Saturday May 30, 2009. It will be in a new location: Barnard Carnival Grounds and Party House.
Gates open at 8:00 AM, this will be a rain or shain event. For more information click here.
- A Fulton sheriff department representative attended the meeting. He gave us information about the room status and requested information about the tower. He also offered to give ID cards to members of the club in order to properly identify ourselves in case of a RACES emergency.
- A very interesting talk on EchoLink was given by KB2MOB followed by a Q&A session.
- A vote was taken to enable PL of 100hz on the repeater. This will allow linkage with the KC2EUS repeater for EchoLink and solve some interference issues. This vote was passed.
- There was a discussion about the behavior and illegal equipment usage of local CB users. As a result, we decided to monitor and document.
For next meeting (5/20/09):
We will start the meeting 30 minutes earlier. Next meeting moved to 5/19/09 at 7:00PM. This will allow us to take the pictures and hand out the Emergency County ID Cards. After that we will have our regular meeting.
- On Wednesday May 20th, the National Weather Service SKYwarn Albany, NY division will be giving a spotter session. For more information click here and here.
Thanks to Andrew (KC2EUS) and Otto (WA2RQC), the Tryon repeater now has the Arcom RC210 controller. This permits the use of a more flexible, modern repeater. It also opens the possibilities for future upgrades, such as EchoLink and IRLP. One of the first changes you will notice is a human voice stating pertinent information, such as time and ID. Please feel free to use the repeater and let us know what you think.